Country Home Services
Country Home Services offers services to everyone and anyone in the community, regardless of age or ability, who may need extra help around the home.
They provide a range of funded care packages that provide services such as House Cleaning, Personal Care, Social Support and Transport.
Some clients may be eligible for a Federal or State Government subsidy depending on their circumstances and physical needs.
40 Blyth Road, Clare SA 5453
Ph: 1300 773 202
SA Country Carers
SA Country Carers is a non-profit, community-based organisation which provides services through Carer Support and Respite programs in the Lower North of South Australia.
Carer Support Staff visit Burra every second Tuesday from 9.30am - 3.30pm at 18 Commercial Street, Burra. This is to provide Carer Support to families who find it difficult to reach their main offices at Clare & Balaklava.
Ph: 1300 686 405 (for the cost of a local call)
Fax: (08) 7200 7692
Postal Address: PO Box 692, Clare SA 5453
1 Blanche Street, Clare 5453
245B, Main North Road, Clare 5453
26 George Street, Balaklava 5416
Mid North Community Passenger Network
The Mid North Community Passenger Network provides transport for people living in the Mid North Region.
Who is eligible for help;
- You may not own or drive a vehicle
- You may be frail, elderly, isolated or have a disability
- You may not have access to transport
- You may need to attend a medical appointment and have been advised that you cannot drive home
- Family or friends who usually assist you are unavailable
- You may be temporarily transport disadvantaged for other reasons
4 Gleeson Street, Clare SA 5453
Ph: 8842 1677
Housing for the Aged
- Kingston Cottages (located in Kingston Street) and McBride Cottages (located in Chapel Street) are managed by Housing SA in Port Pirie. They can be contacted on 8638 4966
- Barkers of Baldina (located in Commercial Street and John Barker Street.) Contact the Manager on 8892 2081
- Eudunda Senior Citizens Hostel, 40 Ward Street. Phone 8581 1174
- ELPHA Units (located in Kapunda Street) Contact Grantley Doecke 0407 022 051
Community Groups & Organisations
There are a range of community groups and organisations within the Goyder Region that provide health and well-being benefits. For example; Mens Sheds, Community Centres, Seniors Groups, Country Womens Association, Church Groups, Red Cross and many more.