On Tuesday night 25 March 2020 the Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison announcing sweeping new closures for Council, business and community facilities across Australia designed to slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Among the local government facilities specifically singled out for closure effective midnight from 25 March 2020 are:
- Libraries and community centres, youth centres and community halls;
- Galleries, museums and historic sites;
- Recreation centres and swimming pools;
- Social sporting activities;
- Health clubs, fitness centres, saunas and wellness centres; and
- Indoor and outdoor play centres.
- Non-essential meetings for social, educational and recreation purposes
Community centres and halls may remain open for the purpose of hosting essential voluntary or public services, such as food banks or homeless services.
Community are reminded to practise social distancing, keeping a minimum 1.5m distance from each other, gatherings should be avoided and people should remain in their homes as much as possible.
We encourage community to refer directly to www.health.gov.au for further measures to reduce cross contamination.
Please share this information with other organisations, businesses and your fellow community members.
For any further assistance please contact council on 8892 0100 or email@example.com.
David J. Stevenson
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER