DISABILITY ACCESS AND INCLUSION PLAN
The South Australian Government introduced the Disability Inclusion Act 2018 (the Act) in June 2018
The Disability Inclusion Act 2018 makes it mandatory for Councils to develop a Disability Access and Inclusion Plan that has to be reviewed every four years and reported on annually.
REGIONAL COUNCIL OF GOYDER'S DISABILITY ACCESS AND INCLUSION PLAN 2020-2024
The Regional Council of Goyder is developing its first Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP) for our region and through the DAIP Council aims to:
- create welcoming and inclusive practices and culture
- provide ways for people with disability to contribute to decision making and community leadership
- improve accessibility to Council facilities, services, events and information
- support employment and career development opportunities in our region.
In developing the DAIP, Council will ensure it is aligning with the Disability Inclusion Act 2018, the Disability Inclusion Regulations 2019 (SA) and the State Disability Inclusion Plan 2019-2023.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU:
The Regional Council of Goyder is committed to community consultation in the development of a Disability Access and Inclusion Plan.
We want to hear from people with a disability, their carers and family members, people working with people who have a disability and interested members of the Goyder community.
Share your experiences in accessing Council information, services, facilities and local events, as well as any ideas that you have that could assist Council to create a more inclusive Goyder community.
HOW YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SAY:
1. Community Survey-
- Complete our community survey online by clicking here
- Complete a hard copy survey available at the Burra/ Eudunda Council offices and local council agencies
- Have a survey posted out to your home or complete one over the phone with Council staff on 8892 0100
2. Community Listening Posts (1:1 chats with Council)-
Join us at one of these local spaces to share your thoughts and ideas:
|ROBERTSTOWN||MONDAY 7 SEPTEMBER||10am-12pm||ROBERTSTOWN COMMUNITY CENTRE|
|TEROWIE||TUESDAY 8 SEPTEMBER||10am-12pm||TEROWIE GENERAL STORE|
|HALLETT||WEDNESDAY 9 SEPTEMBER||11.30am-1.30pm||HALLETT GENERAL STORE|
|FARRELL FLAT||THURSDAY 10 SEPTEMBER||9.30am-11am|
FARRELL FLAT POST OFFICE
|BOOBOROWIE||FRIDAY 11 SEPTEMBER||9am-11pm||BOOBOROWIE GENERAL STORE|
3. Community Forums-
Come along to one of our 4 Community Forums being held in Eudunda and Burra:
|TOWN||DATE OF FORUM||TIME||VENUE|
|EUDUNDA||MONDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2020||10am-11.30am||Eudunda Bowling Club|
|EUDUNDA||MONDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2020||6pm-7.30pm||Eudunda Bowling Club|
|BURRA||TUESDAY 15 SEPTEMBER 2020||10am-11.30am||Bible Chapel- Paxton Cottages|
|BURRA||TUESDAY 15 SEPTMEBER 2020||6pm-7.30pm||Bible Chapel- Paxton Cottages|
- Please RSVP for these forums on 88920100 by Friday 11 September 2020
4. Chat with a local Disability Consultant-
- Contact Council on 8892 0100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise for Deb Selway (Disability Consultant) to have a chat with you over the phone or in person about your ideas.
COMMUNITY CONSULTATION HAS NOW ENDED